Main purpose of job
Assist IT Administrator in day to day tasks. Learn and maintain the company IT infrastructure.
Position in structure/supervisory responsibilities
Report to the R&D Manager.
- Assist IT Administrator
- Learn and maintain the company IT infrastructure
- Identify and implement maintenance and renewal programs to ensure the companies IT network remains robust and secure
- Undertake hardware renewal
- Carry out information back ups Learn how to setup servers and firewalls etc.
- Assist in user help and tutorage
- Learn software programming skills
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- 3 A levels (A*-C) to include Computer science (Maths, Physics ideally)
- An active interest in technology , PCs and Software
- Familiarity with Microsoft and other common software packages
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively to co-workers to help resolve their IT problems
- Confident, presentable appearance
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic to learn new systems, carry out accurate well documented studies
- Practical. Not afraid to roll up sleeves and assist
There is an opportunity for the right candidate to study on a day release basis for an honours degree in a relating subject.
In addition to the above functions and responsibilities employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources Officer, Vicki Williams on email@example.com