Main purpose of position:
Support R&D project work including core subject work and systems activities. Opportunities for exceptional candidates to progress further.
Position in structure/supervisory responsibilities:
Report to more senior engineers, project managers and the R&D Manager
To take responsibility for the electronics, firmware and system design of products from concept through to production taking account of requirements, timescales, cost and regulatory constraints.
Necessary qualifications and training:
- Degree (2:1) or better
- Digital, Analogue design experience.
- Embedded Programming Experience in ‘C’, VHDL
- C++, .net, C#, java, Python, or algorithm development an advantage
- Ideally work experience within a Design House or R&D department.
- Familiarity with CAD for schematic capture and PCB layout
- Can do attitude, inquisitive, willing to take on tasks as deemed necessary for the project.
- Well presented, ability to client face, good presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to take on other systems elements within a project such as thermals, optics etc an advantage.
- Hands on (may need to build prototypes, wiring, solder etc), self-motivated, willing to learn and help evolve the R&D department.
- Ability to fault find and liaise with production.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources Officer, Vicki Williams on email@example.com